Everyone can enjoy spending time in the summer sun, but when it comes to getting into a hot and humid car, no one finds that pleasant.
The car interior can feel like an oven and take a good while to cool to a comfortable temperature. Driving around in the summer sunshine can be enjoyable one minute then frustrating and sweltering the next.
Here are 5 surefire ways to keep your car cooler on those high temperature days:
Car windows trap heat and light which raise the temperature. Reduce the amount of heat entering the car through the windows:
- Sunshade – block the direct rays coming through the window with a sun shade over the windshield.
- Shaded Parking – Try to park out of direct sunlight, either under the shade of a tree or in a garage
- Tinted Windows – This can be costly, but it does block more sunlight out.
- If you have a slower air conditioning system, try cracking the windows open an inch once you start the engine, and turn on the cool air. The hot air will rise to the top, out of the windows, while the air from the vents cools down.
- Hot leather seats can be unbearable! Place towels, covers, or cooling gel pads over the leather to keep your legs from burning.
Although you cannot change the weather, you can be sure that your car can handle any situation that may happen! Scavone Insurance Center provides reliable auto insurance coverage in the New York area to meet each individual’s needs and budgets, giving you peace of mind in the event of an accident!