As our anticipation continues to build for the arrival of spring, it becomes important that you add preparing your car for the upcoming season to your to do list. Failure to complete this task can leave you with troubles down the flower-paved roads. We want this to be a swift and hassle-free transition for you, which is why we have gathered a few helpful tips to prepare your car for spring:
- Make sure to check that your car’s fluids are full and ready for spring. You can use your owner’s manual to locate the fluid bottles and check the appropriate level of each.
- You will also want to make sure that the belts and hoses of your vehicle are not loose. If you notice any loose belts or cracks, you will want to take your car into your mechanic as soon as possible.
- It is important that you check your spark plugs after the snow has melted to ensure that they do not need to be replaced.
- Your windshield wiper blades are likely a bit worn out from the rough winter we experienced this year, so make sure to change them out before spring and the rain arrives.
- Winter conditions have likely done a wonder on your tires, so be sure to have them inspected to ensure that they are able to withstand the transition into spring and summer. Despite popular belief, your tires are most vulnerable during the hotter months, so make sure to complete this task before the scorchers arrive.
- Finish off with a deep cleaning. Vacuum everything and apply a fresh wax so that your ride can be ready to enjoy the freshest season of the year.
Contact Scavone Insurance Center in White Plains for all of your New York auto insurance needs. Allow us to confirm adequate coverage of your auto insurance policy so that you can cruise into spring with peace of mind.