Camping can get you out into nature’s fresh air, sunshine, and away from the comforts of home. However, whilst camping, you are subject to Mother Nature at it’s best and worst. Over the past few months, the States have felt the effects of natural disasters such as tornados, hurricanes, and flooding. For some areas, the effects have been devastating. Everyday dangers of camping include sunburns, insect bites, and numerous injuries.
Keep the risk of danger away with these 10 tips:
- Check the weather forecast
- Prepare meals ahead of time
- Wear sunscreen and insect repellent
- Never approach wild animals
- Contain campfires and never leave them unattended
- Supervise your children at all times
- Take extra blankets
- Keep propane canisters upright and out of sunlight
- Fill a cooler full of ice
- Stay on trails
It is also important to carry an emergency kit with you at all times. This kit should contain a weather radio, a map, a first aid kit, a cell phone with emergency numbers, and flashlights. If the weather forecast warns a storm for the weekend of your trip, don’t take the chance, postpone camping for another weekend!
To enjoy your camping trip stress-free, visit us, Scavone Insurance Center today for all of your insurance needs, including RV insurance, so that you can spend your camping trip relaxing! We are located in White Plains, New York, but serve all of the surrounding areas. Contact us today!