As a commercial landscaper, it is important that you safeguard your business from the wide range of risks associated with this profession. Your job entails seeing others’ landscaping dreams and aspirations come true while working with equipment that can pose as a danger. To ensure that your biggest investment is protected from the possibility of landscaping accidents and all that follows, keep these important tips in mind for commercial landscapers insurance:
- You must protect yourself from the possibility of a landscaping accident that results in property damage or injury. These unique accidents often result in financial loss and lawsuits if you do not hold the proper insurance.
- Each commercial landscapers insurance policy is custom tailored to meet the unique needs of the insured. Options available to you include general liability insurance, workers compensation, and commercial vehicle insurance.
- General Liability Insurance – This coverage is a fundamental aspect of protecting your business operations as it will provide you with security against lawsuits and financial liability claims.
- Workers Compensation – If you do not operate a one-man shop, it is imperative that you hold workers compensation. This policy will ensure that your employees receive deserving compensation if they experience a job related injury or illness. Workers compensation includes coverage for medical costs and a percentage of lost wages.
- Commercial Auto Insurance – As a landscaper that travels with their equipment to get to each destination, you simply cannot go without commercial auto insurance. Depending on the number of vehicles that assist in completing jobs, you will need to custom tailor your commercial auto policy.
- In addition to the proper coverage, it is also important for you to implement safety procedures for each unique job site. By regularly relaying vital safety information, you can help avoid injuries, illnesses, and the need to file a claim.