If you’ve been dying to remodel your backyard patio or add another room to your house but just don’t have the time, consider hiring a contractor. Rather than hiring the first one you see in an online advertisement, talk with friends and neighbors and find a contractor who they’ve had a good experience with.
Questions to Ask Before Hiring
- How long have you been a contractor?
- License and registration?
- How many projects have you completed that are similar to mine?
- Will this project require a permit?
- Will you be using any subcontractors?
- What type of insurance do you carry?
What Type of Contractor for the Job?
- General: Manage all aspects of your project
- Specialty: Install particular products
- Architects: Designs homes, additions, and major renovations
- Designers: Experienced in specific areas of the home, based on your specific needs
- Design/Build: One-stop service, completing your project from start to finish
Avoid Contractor Scam
In addition to asking the initial important questions, you may have to receive copies of these things:
- License & Registration
- Written Estimates
- Written Contract
- Proof of Insurance
Scavone Insurance Center is available to answer any questions you may have about contractors and the types of insurance they should carry while performing home improvements projects on your home. Contact us today for all of your White Plains insurance needs.