American society has become one of multitasking and technological dependence. We seem to never stop working. Multitasking driving is as dangerous as driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. With 1,600,000 texting while driving related accidents each year, it is crucial that we find a way to eliminate this destructive act.
Texting while Driving Statistics
- 333,000 injuries each year
- 11 teen deaths each day
- Accounts for 25% of all accidents
- Equivalent to driving after drinking 4 beers
- 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving under the influence
- 23x more likely to crash
- At any given time, 800,000 drivers are texting and driving across the United States
Take the Pledge
- Pledge to stop using your cell phone while driving. If it is extremely tempting, you may want to put your phone out of reach.
- Understand that hands-free devices don’t offer a safety benefit, because your mind is still juggling two tasks at once.
- Be aware of how dangerous cognitive distractions really are
- Encourage others to also take the pledge!
Scavone Insurance Center encourages you to take the pledge to drive safe! Each pledge encourages others to take the pledge which contributes to the movement against distracted driving. Contact the insurance professionals today to get a quote on auto insurance.