With the New Year just around the corner, many of us are ready to prepare for a fresh start. In getting organized for the New Year, there are a variety of ways you can approach the daunting task. We want this process to be as smooth as possible so that you can enjoy the company of loved ones during the holidays, which is why we have gathered these helpful tips for getting organized for 2015:
- Chances are your desk is one of the most cluttered areas of your home. An hour cleaning your desk can prove to yield major results. Simply replace torn files so that everything aligns correctly. Additionally, you can use colored folders or colored paper clips to categorize and label files so that you are always organized.
- Every night before you go to bed, make a to-do-list! Checking off items on your to-do-list each day will give u a sense of accomplishment while ensuring that all tasks are completed.
- Go through your drawers that have everything from paper clips to to-go menus and organize it all. There are likely quite a few items in those drawers that you never intend on using.
- Purchase a new calendar or use the one in your smartphone to add all important dates and birthdays. Completing this task for the entire year ahead of time will allow you to feel confident that you will never miss a birthday or special occasion.
- Most importantly, toss anything that has not been used in the past year. This includes donating your never-worn clothes and getting rid of things you promise you will use one day.
Are you ready for 2015? We hope these helpful tips for getting organized for the New Year allow you to start off on the right foot! Contact Scavone Insurance Center in White Plains for all of your New York insurance needs.