This 4th of July recipe is what you need to make your festivities as delicious as they are fun.
Smoked sausages and an eloquent variety of colorful vegetables skewered together to bring out the best each piece of sliced food has to offer. It makes the perfect backyard barbecue fare, and besides, you have to get in your serving of vegetables somehow! You can prep and stack these kabobs ahead of time to have them ready for appetizers or to be served as a side dish with the main course. Here are directions on how you can cook delicious sausage-pepper kabobs for your 4th of July party.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 2 clove garlic
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 large onions
- 2 medium purple or green peppers
- 3 medium red peppers
- 2 lb. fully cooked kielbasa (smoked Polish sausage)
- 12 Metal or bamboo skewers
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers in cold water at least 30 minutes to prevent burning (skewers catching fire is the last thing you want). Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling on medium.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, garlic, oregano, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Let stand while you cut onions, peppers, and sausages into 1-inch chunks.
- Thread peppers, 2 at a time and alternating with onion and sausage, onto skewers. (i.e. 2 peppers, sausage, 2 peppers, onion, etc.) Brush skewers with oil mixture.
- Place on hot grill grate; cover and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Place on a decorative platter and serve.
We at Scavone Insurance hope that you have a great and festive 4th of July filled with great fun and exquisite food. Just remember to grill away from the house! When it comes to your home purchasing a quality homeowners insurance is the best way to protect it from dangers unseen to you. For all of your insurance coverage needs, contact the insurance experts at Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains, New York. We will work with you to makes sure you have the coverage you need to protect you from any perils.