Understanding Your Auto Insurance Coverage
In order to cruise the New York roads with peace of mind, you must feel confident about your auto insurance policy. Unfortunately, many motorists fail to understand their policy and simply do not assume adequate coverage until it is too late. We want you to be receiving the protection you deserve, which is why we have gathered a list of common situations and collisions and how your car insurance steps in:
- If you are involved in an accident with a family in a sedan because you swerved to avoid hitting the giant deer crossing the road, you will likely be held liable for the collision. In this situation, your bodily injury liability coverage would kick in to provide any injured individuals with coverage.
- Even though you were determined to be at fault for the accident, you still need coverage for the minor injuries you sustained. This is where your medical payments coverage kicks in. This coverage option will cover any expenses associated with your post-accident medical care.
- During the accident, your car collided with a lamppost after hitting the other vehicle. Your property damage liability coverage kicks in at this point to cover the damages whenever you are determined to be at fault for an accident.
- Any damage sustained to your own vehicle will be covered by your collision coverage. You must pay for your deductible before being able to utilize your collision coverage.
- Unless you opted for rental car coverage, you will be out of a ride while your car is in the shop. This small amount added to your monthly premium is well worth the convenience provided during the hectic time of having your car repaired after an accident.
Contact the Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains for all of your New York Auto Insurance needs. We will go above and beyond to secure you optimal protection so that you can cruise the open roads with peace of mind and confidence in your policy.