As we just fell back for fall and turned the clocks back, there is no better time than now to conduct some basic fall home maintenance. When you choose to perform these tasks at the beginning and end of daylight saving time, you will be more inclined to actually get the job done. We want your season to start off on the right foot, which is why we have gathered a few daylight saving time home maintenance tasks to add to your to-do-list:
- In order for your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors to provide you with protection, they must have running batteries. Since these lifesaving devices’ batteries should be changed twice a year, getting this task complete every time you change the clocks is a great way to ensure their functionality.
- In order to maximize the warm air that comes from your heating system, you must reverse your ceiling fans so that they are running clockwise. This will allow your heating system to warm you with ease.
- Before you need your heating system to keep you warm all winter long, it is important that you have your furnace and heating system inspected by a professional. This will allow you to feel confident in your heating system and not worry about it breaking down in the midst of the harsh New York winter.
- If you will be utilizing the fireplace this winter, it is important that you have the chimney swept to ensure safety.
- Did you know that homeowners are supposed to drain a quart of water from their water heaters every 3 months? Doing so will remove sediment that will allow your water heater to run more efficiently.
Have you completed all of these daylight saving time home maintenance tasks? Contact Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains for all of your New York homeowners’ insurance needs.