Happy Halloween from Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC! While you are putting your last minute touches on your costume and making sure your jack o’ lantern looks perfect, it is also important to make sure that you know how to stay safe while having fun this holiday. Keep these Halloween safety tips in mind to ensure that you and your family have a safe night full of trick or treating.
- If your child’s costume includes a pretend sword or knife, make sure that it is short and flexible to prevent any accidental injuries.
- If your child has a dark colored costume, fasten reflective stickers or tape to make the more visible to drivers on the road.
- Have your child carry around a flashlight or glow stick so that they can see better in the dark and can be seen better by drivers.
- Instead of using a mask, use face paint to complete the costume since masks can obstruct the view of your child. Make sure to test the face paint on a small area to ensure it does not irritate their skin.
- Never let children under the age of 12 trick or treat alone. Make sure that they always have proper adult supervision.
- If you have older children that are going trick or treating with their friends, make sure they stay in neighborhoods that they are familiar with.
- Always obey all traffic laws and only cross the street in cross walks. Make sure to always look both ways before crossing.
- Check all Halloween candy before you allow your child to enjoy it. Throw away any candy that it open or looks like it has been tampered with.
Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains, New York would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe Halloween!