Getting ready for riding season is one of the most thrilling moments of a motorcyclists year. As you prepare for your favorite season of the year, it is important that you prepare both yourself and your motorcycle. Keep these helpful tips in mind for a swift transition into riding season:
Getting Ready For The Open Roads:
- Since your bike was likely neglected during the downtime, it is important that you give it a little attention before revving up the engine.
- Start by testing the lights, turn signals, and brakes.
- You will also want to examine all cables to ensure that they are not frayed or worn out to the point where replacement is necessary.
- The oil and fuel levels must also be checked, especially if you left over some fluids from last year’s riding season.
- When was the last time you were able to take a cruise? If it has been a while, it may be worth it to take a defensive driving course to refresh your memory.
Safety Tips For The Open Roads:
- ALWAYS wear DOT label gear to ensure safety. This includes a helmet, leathers, protective eye wear, gloves, and boots.
- If you have recently purchased a new motorcycle, take it on shorter and less advanced test runs so that you can learn your new bike’s limits.
- Unfortunately, the most dangerous part of riding a motorcycle is the other motorists on the road. Therefore, you must always keep your eye out for motorists who are drifting lanes, tailgating, and partaking in other dangerous driving habits.
- Most importantly, respect others on the road. Aggressively maneuvering through traffic may not be the best way to accomplish this goal.
Contact Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains for all of your New York motorcycle insurance needs. Allow us to provide you with peace of mind and enhanced protection on the open roads.