With the New Year only a few days away, many homeowners are thinking of ways in which they can transfer New Year’s Resolutions into their home as well. There are a variety of ways you can improve your home, and making an effort through New Year’s Resolutions is a great way to see that the job gets done. Gathered are 5 home improvement New Year’s Resolutions to try out:
- In a similar manner that individuals add losing weight to their list of resolutions, your home could use a little weight loss as too, by means of cutting energy use. If you are still using the same HVAC system as when you moved in, you may benefit from replacing the system and its ductwork. These energy wasters should be insulated and sealed to improve the efficiency of your HVAC system.
- If you keep complaining about wanting to make the same home renovations but each year find that your budget does not account for the upgrades, make an effort to budget for those improvements now.
- Cutting down on your soda intake for your New Year’s Resolutions? Add cutting a liquid to your home’s list as well! Reducing the amount of water you and your home uses can significantly help the environment and reduce your monthly water bills.
- Stay organized! De-cluttering your home will allow you to start the New Year off on a fresh foot!
- Most importantly, what drove you to purchase this home in the first place? Add spending time with the family in the home to your list as well! Whether you choose to have a game night, movie night, or create DIY projects together, the home is nothing without all of you in it!
Are you and your home ready for the New Year? Contact Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains for all of your New York homeowners’ insurance needs.