If you own a business and you deal with clients, then you may find yourself dealing with liability issues one day. This is where general business liability insurance comes in handy. Here is some information about liability insurance to help you figure out if you need it.
What is general liability insurance?
General liability insurance protects your business should injury or property damage occur as a result of your normal business operations. It generally covers:
- Property damage: You are covered if you cause damage to the property that your business is legally liable for such as rented space.
- Bodily harm or injury: You are covered if you cause harm or injury to employees or people you are legally liable for.
- Medical payments: General liability can help cover the medical costs of the injuries that were inflicted due to your business operations.
- Defense costs: If someone sues you for property damage or physical injury, you can get help with the legal costs from your insurance provider regardless of fault.
- Personal injury: Claims of slander or libel that caused personal injury to someone’s reputation that are brought against your company can be covered if you have liability insurance.
Get the right liability insurance for you.
One size does not fit all when it comes to insurance. Every business has different needs, and there are different kinds of liability insurance.
- Business Owner’s Policy (BOP): This is a package of coverage that includes general liability protection as well as business property coverage. This is a great option if you want to bundle your different business insurance policies together.
- Professional Liability Insurance: If you need more liability coverage than general liability insurance provides, you can add professional liability insurance to cover any gaps in your liability coverage.
Check out this information about liability insurance and the available options for liability coverage. Contact the Scavone Insurance Agency Center LLC in White Plains for all of your New York business insurance needs.